TXN (Transaction) Type master helps the user to apply tax group on transaction, to view the last transaction series code generated for particular transaction and defining different codes such as hold, approve and reject code for transaction.
Steps to Create TXN Types
- On the Admin menu, in Work Flow Group, click on the TXN Types. The TXN Types window opens as a tab in the workspace.
- The user can search and select the already created TXN Types by clicking on the Search icon on the TXN Types frame on left hand side of the workspace. Once the transaction type is selected Description, Code, Object Type and Menu get populated automatically. Depending upon the some transaction type Default Narration and Default Ledger Type also get populated automatically. User can change the Default Narration and Default Ledger Type.
- By default the Code which is the TXN Type Code and Company gets automatically generated and is populated on the confirmation message.
- The workspace is divided into two parts. The Left side is the TXN Types frame and the Right side is the TXN Type Details frame.
NOTE: Is Copy Taxes: Check the box Is Copy Taxes to copy the taxes from Parent transaction to Child transaction. E.g. If user wishes to copy the taxes on sale order from sale invoice, check the box ‘is copy taxes’ on Sale order transaction type. It will copy all the taxes applied on sale invoice to sale order.
The user has to simply fill the details one by one. Details to be entered on various tabs:
- Transaction Type Details tab:
- Company: Click on search icon it automatically populates the company. Once the company is populated, other fields such as Branch, Service Type and Line Type also get populated automatically. User can change the Branch, Service Type and Line Type.
- Tax Group: Here the user needs to click on search icon and select Tax Group.
- Default: Check the box Default to keep this transaction detail as Default.
- Transaction Type Series tab:Here the user can see the last Transaction Series number generated for company and branch for the selected transaction type.
- Transaction Hold Code tab:
- Company: Click on search icon it automatically populates company.
- Branch: Here the user needs to click on search icon and select Branch.
- Hold Code: Here the user needs to click on search icon and select Hold Code for transaction. This keeps the transaction on Hold.
- Approve Hold Code: Here the user needs to click on search icon and select the Approve Hold Code for transaction. This hold code is use to approve the transaction.
- Reject Hold Code: Here the user needs to click on search icon and select Reject Hold Code for transaction. This code is use to reject the transaction.
- Press Ctrl S or click the Save button on the Quick Access Toolbar to save the TXN Types.
- Click Yes button for the message ‘Are you sure you want to Save.’
- Click OK button for the message ‘TXN Types: ‘xxx’ has been saved successfully’.