The Lead Recording records the entire details of the lead contact such as the Item details, Follow-ups, etc. The Leads can be generated from Walk-In, Networking Sites, Tradeshows, Seminars, Ads and Purchased lists (among many other places).
Steps to Create Lead Recording
- On the CRM menu, in Lead Management Group, click the Lead Recording.The Lead Recording window opens as a tab in the workspace.
- By default the No. which is the Lead Recording Transaction No., Date, Branch and Tentative dategets automatically populated. The Lead Recording Transaction No. gets generated and is populated on the confirmation message.
The user has to simply fill the details one by one as below:
- Date: Based on the Company Policy set user can change the date.
- Account Manager: Here by default the account manager gets automatically populated depending from which the user has logged in. Depending upon the user privilege, user can change the account manager.
- Lead/Customer: Click on search icon and select the Lead/Customer. An entire detail of lead gets populated automatically.
NOTE: If the Lead is finalized and ready to buy an item then the user can check the box “Ready For Quote” on Item tab.
Details to be entered on Item tab:
- Item Code: Here user can directly enter the item code and press enters an item with Item code and Item Name will be displayed OR user can click the search icon and select the item.
- UOM: It gets automatically populated once the item is displayed. User can change the UOM.
- Variant: If variant is applicable click the search icon and select the variant. User can change the variant if multiple variant is tagged with the item.
- Quantity: Here the user needs to enter the quantity of the item required.
- Priority: Select the item priority from the dropdown list.
- Requirement Date: Select the requirement date for item.
Details to be entered on various tabs:
- Add-On tab: Here user can add additional details of the lead.
NOTE: If the lead is lost by any reason then the user can check the box “Is Lost” on the Add-On tab.
- Follow-ups tab: The user can take lead follow-ups. To take the follow-ups click on search icon and select Executive, select Activity Type, Mode and Activity Date, enter Plan Remarks and Activity Remarks.
- Press Ctrl S or click the Save button on the Quick Access Toolbar to save the Lead Recording.
- Click Yes button for the message ‘Are you sure you want to Save.’
- Click OK button for the message ‘Lead Recording: ‘xxx’ has been saved successfully.’