The Credit Note is used to create to allow discounts to the customers.
Steps to Create Credit Note
- On the Finance menu, in Vouchers Group click on Credit Note. The Credit Note window opens as a tab in the workspace.
- By default the Date, Branch, Business Unit and Currency(If Multi-currency is applicable) get automatically populated. A user can change the branch. The Credit Note Transaction No. gets automatically generated and is populated on the confirmation message.
The user has to simply fill the details one by one as below:
- Date: Based on the Company Policy set user can change the date.
- Narration: Here select the Narration. User can change the narration selected. Default narrations can be configured in the application.
- Account Manager: Here by default the account manager gets automatically populated depending from which the user has logged in. Depending upon the privileges, user can change the account manager.
- Contact: Click on search icon and select contact. Depending upon the contact type an Account will get populated automatically.
Details to be entered on the Line Detail frame:
- Account: Here the user needs to click on search icon and select account.
- Narration: Here the user needs to enter the narration.
- Amount: Here the user needs to enter the amount.
NOTE: In case if user wish to make manual adjustment then click the check box “Manual Adjustment” at the top and enter the amount against the respective transaction at Adjustment Frame else after entering the amount it Auto Adjust the entered amount against the transactions by FIFO method.
- Press Ctrl S or click the Save button on the Quick Access Toolbar to save the Credit Note.
- Click Yes button for the message ‘Are you sure you want to Save.’
- Click OK button for the message ‘Credit Note: ‘xxx’ has been saved successfully.’