Direct Purchase Return
In Direct Purchase Return the buyer can return the items/goods to the supplier irrespective of the purchase invoice which is not present. Also the buyer can return the product against the previous purchases in case the buyer does not have any purchase records for the items/goods.
Steps to Create Direct Purchase Return
- On the Procurement menu, in Procurement Group, click the Direct Purchase Return. The Direct Purchase Return window opens as a tab in the workspace.
- By default the No. which is the Direct Purchase Return Transaction No., Date, Branch, Purchase Manager, Payment Type and Supplier Inv. Dateget automatically populated. The Direct Purchase Return Transaction No. gets automatically generated and is populated on the confirmation message.
The user has to simply fill the details one by one as below:
- Supplier: Here user needs to click the Search icon and select the supplier.
- Account: Here by default the account posting for the item gets automatically populated.
- Supplier Inv. No.: Click the Search icon and select the supplier invoice number (if available).
- Return Remarks: Here user needs to enter the remark for the return of the items/ goods.
Details to be entered on the Item Details tab:
- Item Code: Here user needs to click the Search icon and select the item.
- Item Name: It gets automatically populated on selecting the item.
- UOM: It gets automatically populated on selecting the item.
- Ret. Quantity: Here user needs to enter the return quantity of the item.
- Rate: Here user needs to enter the rate of the item or it gets automatically populated.
- Press Ctrl S or click the Save icon on the Quick Access Toolbar to save the Direct Purchase Return.
- Click Yes button for the message ‘Are you sure you want to Save.’
- Click OK button for the message ‘Direct Purchase Return: ‘xxx’ has been saved successfully.’